Whiplash deteriorates neck tissue due to the whip-like thrusts in the backward and forward directions and forces your neck and upper spine to move in ways that cause injury. Whiplash is considered a relatively minor condition that can be treated by whiplash recovery exercises, but if left untreated, it can result in chronic pain or discomfort. Its signs include soreness or pain, exhaustion, and difficulty concentrating or remembering things. Car accidents, sports accidents, physical abuse, or other conditions such as a fall are the common causes of whiplash injury
Whiplash injury’s symptoms are as follows:
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain
- Cervicogenic Headache
You can practice whiplash recovery exercises to reduce pain. A gentle massage or aerobics help to improve the condition and lessen the pain.
How long does it take for whiplash to heal?
Whiplash is a minor concern and heals within a few days or a week. It usually leads to soreness or stiffness but has no long-term side effects. But if whiplash lasts the longest the complications can lead to chronic pain and inflammation in and around the spine.
You can ease the pain or increase your range of motion by practicing some exercises in case of chronic pain you must consult a doctor because whiplash can lead to various other problems such as exhaustion, migraine, degenerative disc diseases, and spine misalignment.
Exercises For Whiplash Recovery
Here are a few whiplash recovery exercises. Be gentle while performing these exercises. In case of chronic pain, it is better to consult a doctor.
- Range of motion: Light neck movements can aid in reducing stiffness and increasing flexibility. A few examples are head rotations, side-to-side movements, and forward- and backward-tilting of the head. Begin with little, controlled motions and then progressively broaden them as acceptable.
- Stretching exercises: Tension can be reduced and flexibility improved by stretching the neck muscles. Stretches that are frequently performed include the chin tuck exercise (gently pulling the chin in), side bending (bringing one ear towards the shoulder), and gentle neck extensions (tilting the head backward). Repeat a few times while holding each stretch for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Strengthening exercises: Stability and support can be achieved by strengthening the neck and shoulder muscles. Common exercises include shoulder shrugs, scapular squeezes, and isometric neck movements (squeezing the shoulder blades together while forcing the palm on the forehead).
- Posture exercises: The tension on the neck can be reduced by maintaining an appropriate posture. It may be advantageous to strengthen the muscles that promote good posture. Examples include shoulder rolls (rolling the shoulders back and down), chin retractions (drawing the chin back while maintaining a level head), and upper back stretches.
- Aerobic exercises: Exercises with mild impact, like swimming or walking, can improve circulation and general fitness, which can hasten the healing process.
Remember, these exercises should be performed gently and without causing pain. If you experience increased pain or discomfort during or after exercises, it’s crucial to stop and consult with your healthcare provider. They can provide a proper assessment and recommend appropriate exercises and treatment options for your specific situation.
When to seek medical attention
Whiplash treatment reduces pain while regaining neck mobility and range of motion so you may resume your regular activities. Be mindful that whiplash symptoms don’t appear right away after an accident or other traumatic event.
KKT Pakistan offers innovative and non-invasive methods for treatment. With the help of revolutionary technology, KKT Pakistan provides non-surgical and non-medicinal treatment via sound waves. For further information, you can contact us at 0800-00-558 or