It’s a frequent misconception that back discomfort requires prolonged periods of inactivity and rest. Doctors don’t advise staying in bed. Stay as active as you can to avoid back pain if there are no symptoms of a dangerous underlying condition (such as loss of bowel or bladder control, weakness, weight loss, or fever).
Though back pain can disturb our daily routine activities, we can avoid back pain during everyday activities simply by doing exercises and adopting good habits in our daily life to keep our spine healthy.
How Can I Prevent Back Pain While Working
Preventing back pain while working is essential for maintaining a healthy and comfortable lifestyle. Here are some tips to avoid back pain during everyday activities:
- Exercise regularly: Engage in regular physical activity to strengthen your core muscles, which support your spine. Activities like walking, swimming, and yoga can help improve your back strength and flexibility.
- Maintain a healthy weight: Excess weight puts additional strain on your back. Maintain a healthy weight through a balanced diet and regular exercise so that you can avoid back pain during everyday activities
- Use proper ergonomics for computer work: Position your computer monitor at eye level, keep your keyboard and mouse at a comfortable height, and use a chair with good back support.
- Avoid sitting for prolonged periods: Sitting for too long can strain your back. Stand up, stretch, and move around regularly.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water helps keep your spinal discs hydrated and healthy, reducing the risk of back pain.
What Activities Reduce Lower Back Pain?
Physical activities keep you active and help to improve spinal health. Try to keep yourself active and participate in different activities including swimming, exercise, and aerobics to avoid back pain. If you are suffering from chronic back pain, take these preventive measures:
- Stop only the initial several days of regular exercise. This relieves your symptoms and lessens inflammation (swelling) in the painful location.
- To relieve pain, apply heat or ice to the area. For the first 48 to 72 hours, use ice; after that, use heat.
- Sleep with a pillow between your legs in the fetal position. Put a cushion or towel tucked up beneath your knees if you typically sleep on your back to ease the pressure.
- For the first six weeks following the onset of pain, refrain from activities that require heavy lifting or back twisting.
- In the days immediately following the onset of pain, avoid exercising. Return to exercise gradually after two to three weeks to avoid back pain during everyday activities.
If you experience persistent or severe back pain, it’s important to consult with a healthcare professional for a proper evaluation and personalized advice.
Why Choose KKT?
For back and neck discomfort, as well as other conditions affecting the spine, KKT Pakistan provides non-medicinal and non-surgical treatment. The KKT treatment has a variety of beneficial effects on general health. It primarily focuses on identifying the underlying source of the pain and treating it accordingly using sound waves. To, avoid using painkillers contact us at 0800-00-558 or